3-DAY COURSE ON APPLIED PROJECT MANAGEMENT INCLUDING MS PROJECT SOFTWARE PRACTICE BY IR. FRANKIE CHONG
21 Sep 2020 to 23 Sep 2020 (9:00 AM - 5:00 PM) Cancelled
WISMA IEM, PETALING JAYA
Managed by: IEM Training Centre Sdn Bhd
Organised by: IEM TRAINING CENTRE SDN BHD
Offline Registration Form - Download
Master the essential integrated project management knowledge, best practices and skills, including software applications in 3 days! With cross references to PMBOK®, a world class Project Management standard developed by USA-based Project Management Institute.
Project Management is a systematic application of knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to project activities in order to meet or exceed stakeholders’ needs and expectations. Studies have shown that the success rate of projects will increase when a structured and integrated approach to project management is adopted, thus enhancing ROI and overall customer satisfaction.
Unlike other workshops, this intensive 3-day program begins with a unique 2-day Step-by-Step approach in covering the essential principles and people skills of Project Management complemented with ample working exercises and examples, templates and real-life experiences, and ends with 1-day learning and application of a user-friendly Microsoft Project software tool.
IMPORTANT: Participants are required to bring their own laptops loaded with Spreadsheet and Microsoft Project 2013 software or later versions. Free trial versions of MS Project 2013 software or later versions can be downloaded from internet.
- Master fundamental project management knowledge, skills, concepts, tools and techniques with cross references to world class standard in USA-based Project Management Institute’s body of knowledge PMBOK®.
- Understand and apply the best practices in carrying out a feasibility study, to initiate, define, plan, implement, monitor, control and close-out phases of a complete Project Life Cycle.
- Justify project & link project goals to stakeholder needs.
- Identify the critical role and functions of project managers.
- Avoid costly mistakes by gaining an insight into the success and failure factors of projects.
- Improves your project success rate by enhancing your management skills in leading, motivating, communicating and resolving conflicts.
- Be more confident in forecasting time and cost of project completion.
- Develop SMART Objectives, WBS, Project Plan & Schedule
- Develop network diagrams to analyse Critical Path and compress project duration
- Estimate project costs, & budget using simple, proven techniques
- Identify project risks and develop quality objectives
- Save time and effort by using Microsoft Project software tool.
- Terminating project with Post Implementation Review & lessons learned
- Networks with other participants and shares valuable experiences.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Project Executives/Leaders/Engineers/Analysts/Managers/Directors, GM, Engineers, Architects, IT Professionals, Contractors, QS, Consultants, Scientists, Product Managers, Program Managers, Event Organisers, Business Execs, and any person involved in managing any type of project in any industry.
Module 1: INTRODUCTION AND KEY CONCEPTS
- New Management Challenges
- Definitions, Characteristics and Framework of Project Management
- Triple Constraints & Trade-offs
- Project Life Cycle Phases, SDLC and Processes
- Benefits and problems of Project Management
- Success and Failure factors in Malaysian scenario
- De-facto standards and methodology
- Survey on best practices in Malaysia
Module 2: PROJECT INITIATION
- Project Vision & Mission, Purpose and Goal
- Selection Method
- Develop a Business Case
- Undertake a Feasibility Study
- Establish the Terms of Reference / Project Charter
- Appoint a Project Team
- Functional, Matrix, Projectized Organizations
- Identifying & analyzing the important players and stakeholders
- Financial techniques, ROI, NPV, IRR, Payback, Cost-Benefits
- Roles and responsibilities of Project Manager and Team
- Kick off meeting
Module 3: PROJECT PLANNING
- Develop Project Plan
- Collect Requirements
- Define Scope Of Work
- Create Work Breakdown Structure
- Define & Sequence Activities
- Estimate Activity Resources & Durations
- Develop Project Schedule
- Determine Budget
- Assign Responsibilities using RAM
- Gantt Chart, Network Diagrams, Critical Path, PERT Analysis & Compression techniques in Crashing & Fast Tracking
- Develop Subsidiary Plans: Resources, Financial, Quality, Risk, Acceptance, Communication, Procurement
Module 4: PROJECT EXECUTION
- Direct and Manage Project Work
- Management skills in leading, motivating, communicating & resolving conflicts
- Distribute Project Performance Information
- Manage Stakeholder Expectations
- Tendering & award Contract
- Perform Quality Assurance
- Activate Project Board & Change Control System
Module 5: PROJECT CONTROL
- Monitor and Control Project
- Work Milestone Chart, Variance analysis, S-curve, Earned Value Analysis
- Perform Integrated Change Control
- Verify Scope
- Perform Quality Control
- Report Performance
- Monitor and Control Risks
- Administer Procurements
Module 6: PROJECT CLOSING
- Close Procurements
- Close Project or Phase
- Review Project completion
- Verify results & Auditing
- Closing out financial, legal, contractual issues
- Handing over procedures
- Post Implementation Review and Lessons learned
Module 7: SUMMARY
- Formula for success
- 7 habits of effective project manager
- Current and Future trends
Group discussion/Exercises/Case Studies/ Role Plays/Templates
Rate stated does not include 6% SST
Type||Online Rate (RM)
||Offline Rate (RM)
All member type
All non member