1ST SYMPOSIUM FOR YOUNG TUNNELLERS OF ASIA 2020 (SYTA 2020)
- 12 Sep 2020 (9:00 AM - 6:00 PM)
Managed by: IEM Academy Sdn Bhd
Organised by: IEM TUSTD & IEM ACADEMY SDN BHD
- Closing date before: 09 Sep 2020
Manual Registration (Download form)
In conjunction with the ITA-AITES World Tunnel Congress (WTC) 2020 and 46th General Assembly in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, which will be moved to a full digital platform scheduled from 11th to 17th September 2020, Tunnelling and Underground Space Technical Division of IEM (TUSTD Young Member Sub-committee) and WTC2020 Organising Committee is jointly organising the 1st Symposium for Young Tunnellers of Asia (SYTA) on 12 September 2020. SYTA is also going virtual using Zoom Webinar!
The main goal of this Symposium is to have a technical networking platform for young professionals and students involved in the tunnelling & underground space industry. The theme of the 1st SYTA is Tunnelling: Design, Operations and Surveillance which acknowledges the valuable contributions of young, enterprising and energetic Tunnellers working in increasingly challenging projects.
This one-day Symposium is hosted by turns amongst ITAym participating member nations in Asia. In this 1st SYTA, 11 presentations will be delivered from Hong Kong, India, Japan, Malaysia and Vietnam.
The Symposium written and spoken language shall be in English.
ABOUT ITA YOUNG MEMBERS (ITAym)
Who are the ITA young members?
The ITA young members (ITAym) include all young professionals in tunnelling from all over the world under 35 years.
ITAym objectives and key activities are set out to create an international professional networking platform and support other Member Nations in establishing their own national Young Member organisations. Officially founded at the ITA General Assembly 2014 in Iguazu, Brazil, the ITAym-group consists now of more than 30 Member Nations and has still a lot of potential to develop and motivate young professionals to get involved in the world of tunnelling.
The ITAym mission is to:
- Provide international information hubs for young professionals in the tunnelling & underground space industry to enable the exchange of experience and to build on the professional network.
- Outline the need to bridge the gap between generations and embrace the opportunity to network across generations in the industry.
- Improve awareness of the tunnelling & underground space industry to new generations.
- To provide young professionals and students with a voice in the ITA.
- To look after the next generation of tunnelling professionals and to pass on the aims and ideals of the ITA.
Additional information and links to the annual magazine of the ITAym: https://about.ita-aites.org/wg-committees/young-members
Closing for Registration: 1st September 2020
(For inquiry please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org)
Student / Young Member (age 35 and below)
IEM Members (age above 35)
Non-IEM Members (age above 35)
Please register via the link below:
Rate stated does not include 6% SST