2-DAY COURSE ON FUNDAMENTAL PROJECT MANAGEMENT BY IR. FRANKIE CHONG
- 26 Oct 2020 to 27 Oct 2020 (9:00 AM - 5:00 PM)
WISMA IEM, PETALING JAYA
Managed by: IEM Training Centre Sdn Bhd
Organised by: IEM TRAINING CENTRE SDN BHD
Offline Registration Form - Download
Master the fundamentals of Project Management in 2 days!
With cross references to PMBOK®, a world class Project Management standard developed by USA-based Project Management Institute.
Studies have shown that the success rate of projects will increase when a systematic and structured approach to project management is adopted, thus enhancing ROI and overall customer satisfaction.
Get a solid understanding of project management methods with this comprehensive introductory course. Fundamental Project Management gives you the foundation to manage each stage of the project life cycle, set goals tied directly to stakeholder needs, get the most from your project management team, and utilize state-of-the-art project management tools & techniques to get the work done on time, within budget and quality.
Unlike other workshops, this intensive program combines a practical and theoretical approach by emphasing the essential principles and people skills with case studies, examples, real-life experiences, complemented by a variety of templates and demonstration of a popular project software tool.
BENEFITS / OBJECTIVES
- Master fundamental project management knowledge, skills, concepts, tools & techniques with cross references to world class standard in USA-based Project Management Institute’s body of knowledge PMBOK®.
- Understand & apply the best practices in Initiating, Planning, Monitoring and Controlling, Executing, and Terminating phases of a Project Life Cycle.
- Justify your project & link project goals and objectives to stakeholders’ needs.
- Identify the critical role and functions of project managers.
- Avoid costly mistakes by gaining an insight into the success & failure factors of projects & the advantages of Project Management.
- Enhance your management skills in leading, motivating, communicating and resolving conflicts.
- Be more confident in forecasting time and cost of project completion.
- Develop SMART Objectives, Work Breakdown Structure, Quality Objectives, Project Plan & Schedule
- Develop network diagrams to analyse Critical Path and compress project duration
- Estimate project costs, schedules and budget using simple, proven techniques
- Assess and mitigate project risks
- Terminating project with Post Implementation Review & lessons learned
- Networks with other participants and shares valuable experiences
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Project Executives/Leaders/Analysts/Managers/Directors, GM, Engineers, Architects, IT Professionals, Contractors, QS, Consultants, Scientists, Product Managers, Program Managers, Event Organisers, Business Execs, and any person involved in managing any type of project in any industry and has no formal project management training before.
Module 1: INTRODUCTION AND KEY CONCEPTS
- New Management Challenges
- Definitions, Characteristics and Framework of Project Management
- Triple Constraints & Trade-offs
- Project Life Cycle Phases, SDLC & Processes
- Benefits and problems of PMt
- Success & Failure factors in Malaysian scenario
- De-facto standards and methodology
- Survey on best practices in Malaysia
Module 2: PROJECT INITIATION
- Project Vision & Mission, Purpose and Goal
- Selection Method
- Develop a Business Case
- Undertake a Feasibility Study
- Develop SMART Objectives
- Establish the Terms of Reference / Project Charter
- Appoint a Project Team
- Functional, Matrix, Projectized Organizations
- Identifying & analyzing the important players and stakeholders
- Financial techniques, ROI, NPV, IRR, Payback, Cost-Benefits
- Roles and responsibilities of Project Manager and Team
- Kick off meeting
Module 3: PROJECT PLANNING
- Develop Project Plan
- Collect Requirements
- Define Scope of Work
- Create Work Breakdown Structure
- Define & Sequence Activities
- Estimate Activity Resources & Durations
- Develop Network Diagram & Project Schedule
- Estimate costs & Determine Budget
- Assign Responsibilities using RAM
- Gantt chart, CPM, PERT Analysis & Compression techniques in Crashing & Fast Tracking
- Develop Subsidiary Plans: Resources, Financial, Quality, Risk, Acceptance, Communication, Procurement
Module 4: PROJECT EXECUTION
- Direct and Manage Project Work
- Management skills in leading, motivating, communicating & resolving conflicts
- Distribute Project Performance Information
- What should be included in Project Report
- Manage Stakeholder Expectations
- Tendering & award Contract
- Perform Quality Assurance
- Activate Project Board & Change Control System
Module 5: PROJECT CONTROL
- Monitor and Control Project Work
- Milestone Chart, Variance analysis, S-curve, Earned Value Analysis
- Perform Integrated Change Control
- Verify Scope
- Perform Quality Control
- Report Performance
- Monitor and Control Risks
- Administer Procurements
Module 6: PROJECT CLOSING
- Close Procurements
- Close Project or Phase
- Review Project completion
- Verify results & Auditing
- Closing out financial, legal, contractual issues
- Handing over procedures
- Post Implementation Review and Lessons learned
Module 7: SUMMARY
- Formula for success
- 7 habits of effective project manager
- Current and Future trends
- Demonstration Of Microsoft Project Software
Group discussion/Exercises/Case Studies/ Role Plays
Rate stated does not include 6% SST