2-DAY COURSE ON ‘DRAFTING, ASSESSING & RESOLVING CLAIMS IN CONSTRUCTION CONTRACTS' BY IR. HARBANS SINGH K.S
01 Aug 2019 to 02 Aug 2019 (8:00 AM - 5:00 PM) Postponed
Managed by: IEM Training Centre Sdn Bhd
Organised by: IEM TRAINING CENTRE SDN BHD
- Closing date before: 29 Jul 2019
Offline Registration Form - Download
- This is an intensive course comprising two main modules/sessions on the topics of Drafting, Assessing and Resolving Claims in Construction Contracts.
- The course is intended to be more of a workshop involving active participation by the attendees especially during the Q&A Session.
The principal aim of the above course is to expose the participants to:
- The principal substantive issues pertaining to Claims in the Construction Industry especially in ensuring that Claims are properly drafted and assessed and if they do develop into disputes, how these can be satisfactorily resolved without causing undue drainage of resources on part of contractors, sub-contractors/suppliers, professionals and employers.
- The prevailing provisions in the more commonly occurring Construction Contracts e.g. PAM, JKR, FIDIC, etc. pertaining to the instant subject; their nature, effects and limitations.
- The important procedures vis-à-vis the types, nature, practices and effects of Claims, and their proper drafting, evaluation/assessment and ultimate resolution.
- The legalities pertaining to the topics under consideration inclusive of the review of the relevant case law.
3.0 PRINCIPAL CONTENTS:
MODULE 1-CLAIMS: TYPES, NATURE, DRAFTING & ASSESSMENT
Overview | Definitions | Principal Claimants | Categorization of Claims | Common Heads of Claims | Express Contract Provisions | The Claim Process | Drafting of Claims | Assessment of claims | Review of relevant case law & Contemporary Developments
MODULE 2-CLAIMS: Resolution
Overview | Definitions/Terminology | Main Sources of Disputes | Reasons for Disputes | Principal Disputants | Traditional Dispute Resolution Methods | Alternative Dispute Resolution Methods | Typical Provisions | Miscellaneous Matters | Review of Case Law & Contemporary Developments
4.0 WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Project team members especially:
Project Managers | Engineers | Architects | Quantity Surveyors | Contractors | Subcontractors/Suppliers | Owners/Developers | Contract Administrators | Claims Consultants | Risk Managers | Legal counsel | Dispute Resolvers
IMPORTANT: **PLEASE BE INFORMED THAT THE COURSE WILL ONLY BE CARRIED OUT IF THERE IS SUFFICIENT NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS. THE CONFIRMATION OR CANCELLATION EMAIL WILL BE SENT TO THE REGISTERED EMAIL ADDRESS ONE OR TWO WEEKS BEFORE THE EVENT DATES.
Rate stated does not include 6% SST