GreenRE Technical Seminar on Energy Modelling & Computational Fluid Dynamic (CFD) for Building Industry
- 30 Jul 2018 to 31 Jul 2018 (8:59 AM - 4:59 PM)
Wisma REHDA, Kelana Jaya
Managed by: IEM Training Centre Sdn Bhd
Organised by: IEM Training Centre Sdn Bhd
- Closing date before: 27 Jul 2018
Offline Registration Form - Download
Energy modelling and airflow programs are the main tools for designing energy efficient and healthy buildings. These simulation programs are the tools used in new building and retrofit design, code compliance, green certification, qualification for tax credits and utility incentives, real-time building control, calculate most of the parameters needed to evaluate thermal comfort and indoor air quality. In addition, lower energy consumption in buildings can significantly reduce the emission of CO2 because buildings use around 50% of the total energy consumption in developed countries (Harris & Eliot, 1997,DOE 2004).
The objectives of GreenRE Technical Seminar
- To introduce the basics and concept of building energy modelling.
- To explain on the GreenRE Energy Modelling Methodology and Requirements.
- To recognize various building energy simulation tools, types and capabilities.
- To learn the underlying concepts, modelling inputs and analysis methods of building components such as envelope, lighting, occupants, equipment, process loads, HVAC and service hot water systems.
- Hands-on for energy modelling – IES-VE Trial Version will be downloaded to each laptop.
- GreenRE Case Studies.
- To model building performance using energy simulation software.
- To use measured building energy data to calibrate simulation model.
- To introduce the design principles and application method of CFD.
Key Note Speaker
Mr. Po Woei Ken (Ken Po) is an Associate Director at BSD Consultancy Pte. Ltd. He graduated from University of Kansas and practiced as a CFD engineer in USA for more than 5 years before returning to Southeast Asia. In USA, Ken performed CFD analysis on aircraft wings, engines, rotor blades etc of aircrafts such as those operated by NASA. In BSD, Ken specialized in 3 dimensional CFD analysis for the simulation of airflow inside and outside buildings for the prediction of thermal comfort, air quality and contaminant distribution. He also successfully used CFD to evaluate effectiveness of fabric duct ventilation system for a large aircraft hanger in Singapore.
Who should attend?
- Engineers, Architects, Planners, Surveyors
- Sustainable & Environmental Managers, Green Building Consultants
- Developers, Project Managers, Building Owners involved in green building projects
Please TAKE NOTE:
All participants need to bring their own laptop (4GB RAM and 2 Core Processor). Do let us know if you do not have any laptop as we will provide it for you. GreenRE will provide IES-VE software download link one week before the course with 30 days’ free validity!