SHORT COURSE ON “PRACTICAL ASPECTS OF LARGE DIAMETER BORED PILE CONSTRUCTION IN ASIA PACIFIC”
- 19 Nov 2019 (9:00 AM - 5:30 PM) Closed
Wisma IEM, Petaling Jaya, Selangor
Managed by: IEM Academy Sdn Bhd
Organised by: IEM ACADEMY SDN BHD
- Closing date before: 16 Nov 2019
Offline Registration - Download Form
In Asia Pacific region, super-tall buildings and massive civil engineering structures are constructed in the last few decades while the heavy load from the structures are required to be supported by strong foundation. Deep foundation such as large diameter bored piles (diameter > 2.0 meter), high strength steel or concrete driven piles and barrettes are the best option. This one-day CPD course will share practical experience on the modern techniques for the design, installation and verification of deep foundations with emphasis on large diameter bored pile.
SHORT COURSE OUTLINE
This Short Course will cover the following topics:
- Ground investigation methods for deep foundation design and construction
- Evaluation of soil and rock parameters for design and construction
- Current standards and procedures for the design and installation of deep foundations
- Fundamentals of the design process for deep foundations. Capacity determination for single piles and pile group subject to axial and lateral loads
- Large diameter bored piles and barrettes
- Quality control and verification by pile loading test and dynamic test.
BRIEF BIODATA OF COURSE LEADER
Ir. Dr Julian Lee is Principal at Cinnotek International Group, New Zealand, Malaysia, Singapore and Hong Kong. He is serving the Civil Engineering Society as an Adjunct Professor at the Department of Civil Engineering in the University of Hong Kong and also formerly as the Deputy Chief Structural Engineer at the Chinese National Engineering Research Centre for Steel Construction (Hong Kong Branch) of Hong Kong Polytechnic University. Ir. Dr Lee is a Chartered Engineer (CEng) and a Member of Institute of Civil Engineer (MICE), UK and member of the Hong Kong Institution of Engineers (MHKIE), Hong Kong.
Prior to his current position in Cinnotek, Ir. Dr Lee was formerly Senior Manager – Research and Development of the Construction Industry Council (CIC), Hong Kong; and Lead Engineer (Civil and Structural) of Worley Parsons Pte Ltd, Singapore. Since 1998, he has managed various infrastructure and building projects in the Asia Pacific region, as well as various construction-related research projects. The projects cover construction areas including structural steel, construction technology, sustainability for green building.
Rate stated does not include 6% SST
Type||Online Rate (RM)
||Offline Rate (RM)
All member type
All non member