Two Days Work Shop on Application And Understanding of the Contractor's All Risk Policy
14 Dec 2017 to 15 Dec 2017 (9:00 AM - 5:00 PM) Cancelled
Wisma IEM, Petaling Jaya, Selangor
Managed by: IEM Training Centre Sdn Bhd
Organised by: IEM Training Centre Sdn Bhd
- Closing date before: 11 Dec 2017
Offline Registration Form - Download
A hands-on workshop to introduce participants to the principles of insurance and how the C.A.R. policy is used as a risk transfer mechanism in engineering projects. Case studies will be used to illustrate various aspects of claims and policy coverage. Typical site incidents include collapse of structure during concreting, fire during construction stage and flooding of project site. Such incidents trigger the insurance policy and it is essential that engineers appreciate how the coverage is provided.
- Introduction need for insurance - CAR, PI, CPM
- Projects in Malaysia/ region.
- CAR policy - over view (jacket and schedule)
- General conditions and exclusions
- Section I - operative clause and exclusions
- Why are some claims declined by insurance companies?
- Section II - coverage and exclusions
- Endorsements, clauses and warranties
- Does the policy respond to design related incidents?
- Stages in a claim handling procedure - the role of the forensic scientist
- Adjustment examples and the role of the loss adjuster
- Case studies with the application of the relevant policy clauses.
ABOUT THE TRAINER
Ir Pooba Mahalingam is a professional engineer with over 20 years of experience in construction, insurance and loss adjusting. He deals with construction, engineering, liability and property insurance claims. Currently he manages technical and complex reinsurance claims for an Insurance company in Singapore. He was previously attached to a claims management company in Singapore and led its Construction, Power and Engineering (CPE) team for the organisation. He was based in Christchurch, New Zealand as a member of the CAT loss team handling the 2011 earthquake claims. Prior to that, Pooba was attached to an international loss adjusting firm in Kuala Lumpur where he was responsible for mega projects risk management and claims handling. This included the following large construction risks -KLIA, KLCC, KL Tower, LRT 1 & 11, MRR2, Sprint Highway, LDP and Smart Tunnel. He gained further regional engineering exposure where he handled cases in Brunei, Indonesia, Singapore, Vietnam and Hong Kong. Pooba is currently the President of the Insurance Law Association, Singapore (ILAS) and active insurance facilitator with AICLA & SCI.
Engineers, Project Managers, Consultants and Contracts personnel who are involved construction / engineering projects.
Type||Online Rate (RM)
||Offline Rate (RM)
All member type
All non member
Rate stated does not include 6% GST