3-DAY COURSE ON APPLIED PROJECT MANAGEMENT (A PRACTICIAL WORKSHOP INCLUDING MICROSOFT PROJECT SOFTWARE PRACTICE)
- 25 Nov 2019 to 27 Nov 2019 (8:00 AM - 5:00 PM)
WISMA IEM, PETALING JAYA
Managed by: IEM Training Centre Sdn Bhd
Organised by: IEM TRAINING CENTRE SDN BHD
- Closing date before: 22 Nov 2019
Offline Registration Form - Download
ABOUT THE COURSE LEADER
Ir. Frankie Chong, B.Sc., MBA, P.Eng, MIEM, PMP®, a professional engineer with an in-depth knowledge and more than 30 years of working experience in managing small and large projects in various industries. His main areas of work experience include project management & consultancy, engineering operations and technical development, business development and re-engineering, strategic planning, consulting, education and training.
He specializes in conducting Project Management seminars and training for MNCs and SMI companies. Hundreds of participants have benefited from his training which is knowledge and skill-based, highly interactive and complemented with exercises, templates, practical applications and real-life case studies. The general feedback describes his training as stimulating, informative & effective.
Master the essential integrated project management knowledge, best practices and skills, including MS Project software applications in 3 days!
Project Management is a systematic application of knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to project activities in order to meet or exceed stakeholders’ needs and expectations. Studies have shown that the success rate of projects will increase when a structured approach to project management is adopted, thus enhancing ROI and overall customer satisfaction.
Unlike other workshops, this intensive 3-day program begins with a unique Step-by-Step approach in covering the essential principles and people skills of Project Management complemented with ample working exercises and examples, templates and real-life experiences, and ends with the learning and application of a user-friendly Microsoft Project 2013 software tool.
- Master fundamental project management knowledge, skills, concepts, tools and techniques with cross references to world class standard in USA-based Project Management Institute’s body of knowledge PMBOK®.
- Understand & apply the best practices in carrying out a feasibility study, to initiate, define, plan, implement, monitor, control & close-out phases of a Project Life Cycle.
- Justify project & link project goals to stakeholder needs.
- Identify the critical role and functions of project managers.
- Avoid costly mistakes by gaining an insight into the success and failure factors of projects.
- Improves your project success rate by enhancing your management skills in leading, motivating, communicating and resolving conflicts.
- Be more confident in forecasting time and cost of project completion.
- Develop SMART Objectives, WBS, Project Plan & Schedule
- Develop network diagrams to analyse Critical Path and compress project duration
- Estimate project costs, & budget using simple, proven techniques
- Identify project risks and develop quality objectives
- Save time & effort by using Microsoft Project software tool.
- Terminating project with Post Implementation Review & lessons learned
- Networks with other participants and shares valuable experiences.
Currently, he holds the following credentials:
- A certified PMP® (Project Management Professional No. 512593) credential from PMI (USA)
- A certified trainer registered under the government HRDF.
- CIDB certified Construction Project Manager, panel expert & trainer in National Competency Standard in construction project management
- A member of the Consultative Panel of the Ministry of Finance’s Professional Services Development Corporation
- Past Chairman and Adviser of the Institution of Engineers Malaysia Project Management Technical Division
- Chief Paper Examiner of a U.K University project management module.
- PLEASE BE INFORMED THAT THE COURSE WILL ONLY BE CARRIED OUT IF THERE IS SUFFICIENT NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS. THE CONFIRMATION OR CANCELLATION EMAIL WILL BE SENT TO THE REGISTERED EMAIL ADDRESS ONE OR TWO WEEKS BEFORE THE EVENT DATES.
- All participants MUST bring along unlocked laptop computers loaded with MS Project 2013 software and power cable on the third day. Free trial version of MS Project 2013 software can be downloaded from internet.
Rate stated does not include 6% SST