1-DAY COURSE ON 'PROTECTION OF ELECTRICAL POWER SYSTEMS' BY IR LEE CHONG KIOW
16 Dec 2019 (8:00 AM - 5:00 PM) Cancelled
WISMA IEM, PETALING JAYA
Managed by: IEM Training Centre Sdn Bhd
Organised by: IEM TRAINING CENTRE SDN BHD
- Closing date before: 13 Dec 2019
Offline Registration Form - Download
PROFILE OF COURSE FACILITATOR
Ir. LEE CHONG KIOW is a 1974 electrical engineering graduate from Strathclyde University, Glasgow with more than 40 years of experience in the power supply industry. • Specialises in providing technical training of electrical courses and performing power system studies.
• Previously the Engineering Manager of Tamco Corporate Holdings Sdn Bhd, which manufactures indoor medium- and low-voltage switchgear. • More than 15 years working as a protection engineer in a Lembaga Letrik Negara and another five years in a large consultancy practice. • Suruhanjaya Tenaga certified competent/services engineer up to 275kV.
• Since 1997, trained more than 4,000 participants from electricity utilities, petrochemical industry and multi-national companies throughout Malaysia as well as in Singapore, Brunei, Oman, China, Myanmar and Vietnam and three countries in Africa.
• Carried out various training programmes for Petronas Instep, Brunei Shell Petroleum, Brunei LNG, Petroleum Development Oman, Tenaga Nasional Berhad, SESCo and Intel.
• To introduce various concepts and applications of protection relays
Introduction to Protection
Purpose, principles, requirements and components of protection systems. Zone of protection; unit and non-unit protections; main and backup protections. What relays must do and must not do.
The Most Basic Form of Protection
Differences between overload and overcurrent protections. Instantaneous, time-delayed and IDMT overcurrent-earth fault (OCEF) protection relays. Characteristics and settings of OCEF relays and fuses. Discrimination of protective devices.
Concept of Differential Protection
Features and drawbacks of differential protection. Need to ensure that the relay does not operate wrongly during loads, switching conditions and external faults. Application of differential protection to power transformers.
Protection of Medium Voltage Equipment
Differences between protection of high, medium and low voltage electrical systems. Protection of cables, transformers, motors and generators.
• Young electrical engineers who wish to enhance their knowledge of protection relays. • Designers, Chargemen and Technicians who already have some basic understanding of application of protection relays.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE BE INFORMED THAT THE COURSE WILL ONLY BE CARRIED OUT IF THERE IS SUFFICIENT NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS. THE CONFIRMATION OR CANCELLATION EMAIL WILL BE SENT TO THE REGISTERED EMAIL ADDRESS ONE OR TWO WEEKS BEFORE THE EVENT DATES.
Rate stated does not include 6% SST
Type||Online Rate (RM)
||Offline Rate (RM)
All member type
All non member