2-Day Course on Authorized Entrant & Standby Person for Confined Space Training (Postponed until further notice)
16 Jul 2018 to 17 Jul 2018 (9:00 AM - 5:00 PM) Cancelled
Wisma IEM, Petaling Jaya, Selangor
Managed by: IEM Training Centre Sdn Bhd
Organised by: IEM Training Centre Sdn Bhd
- Closing date before: 13 Jul 2018
Offline Registration Form - Download
This module intends to cover safe work practices and procedures to protect employees in a place of work from the hazards of entry and working in confined space. This module applies to all persons who enter confined spaces or is stationed as a stand by- person.
To provide participants with the knowledge & skills needed to effectively function in a Confined space environment.
- Describe the presence of hazards at the Confined Space
- Apply Confined Space Entry Procedures
- Use the Personal Protective equipment and other related equipment associated with confined space occupation.
- State the Duties/Responsibilities of Authorized Entrant & Stand-by-Person.
- Qualify the workers as competent workers (Authorized Entrant & Stand-by Person) for Confined Space occupation.
- Hazards and Dangers associated with confined spaces
- Definition of confined space
- Safe Operating Procedures in confined spaces
- Understand the permit to work system (PTW)
- Practical Confined Space entry
- Risk Assessment and hierarchy of hazard controls
- Lockout and Tag out methods of isolation
This Course Recommended for:
Workers who will be performing work in Confined Space or any personnel involved with confined space work such as:
- Storage Tanks
- Process Vessels
- Pressure Vessels
- Sewers, Sewers Pump Station
- Cargo Ship Tan
This course is aimed at people who are required to enter confined spaces or observe confined space entry such as Managers, Supervisors and Operators who may be required to give instruction and involved in a Confined Space related work.
The overall objective of this training is to protect those entering or working around a Confined Space. Confined Spaces include underground vault, tanks, storage bins, manholes, pits, silos, process vessels and pipelines. This course will show employers how to work in a confined space environment to maximize safety for the person entering the Confined Space.
A major element of a confined space program is providing confined space training for all employees involved in confines space entry work that includes the entrant, attendant and the entry supervisor as well as managers with oversight of the confined space entry program at their organization.
Sivaprakash Muniandi obtained his Master in Business Administration from Open University Malaysia in 2012. He also possessed a Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering from Universiti Tenaga Nasional and holding a Diploma in Palm Oil Milling from Malaysia Palm Oil Board (MPOB). He is currently working with Tajo Consultancy & Training as a Trainer. He has 14 years working experience with different types of Confined Spaces.
- 1st Grade Steam Engineer
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (Australia)
- Authorized Gas Tester/Entry Supervisor for Confined Space Certification
- International Rescue 3 Certification
- Confined Space Rescue Certification
- Operate Breathing Apparatus Certification
- Confined Space Gas Tester Certification
- Emergency Action Plan Certification
- Key Leadership Skills Certification
- Public Speaking Certification
- Corporate Trainer Certification
Type||Online Rate (RM)
||Offline Rate (RM)
All member type
All non member