2-DAY COURSE ON 'HVAC DESIGN: COOLING CAPACITY CALCULATION & PSYCHROMETRICS'
- 29 Apr 2019 to 30 Apr 2019 (8:00 AM - 5:00 PM)
WISMA IEM, PETALING JAYA
Managed by: IEM Training Centre Sdn Bhd
Organised by: IEM TRAINING CENTRE SDN BHD
- Closing date before: 26 Apr 2019
Offline Registration Form - Download
PROFILE OF COURSE FACILITATOR
Ir. Chua Keng Seng, B.E.(Hons), MIEM, P.Eng., MASHRAE, MIMM, CCP, graduated from the University of Malaya in 1974. Qualified as a Professional Engineer, he worked with Carrier Malaysia Sdn. Bhd., first as the Service Manager and then as Engineering Manager for about 10 years. During the next 25 years, he operated his own companies in contracting, maintenance and also in consultancy business. He has wide experience in the design, installation, trouble shooting on various types of systems and also in project management. He was in the design and project management team which implemented the Putrajaya Precinct 2 District Cooling Plant which has a capacity of 30,000 cooling tons.
Ir. Chua has also been involved in many training programmes. He lectured air conditioning design in the Mechanical Faculty of University Malaya between 1978 to 1984 and in Monash University for the last 3 years. Besides he had been invited to deliver lectures and presentations in the University Technology Malaysia, University Technology Petronas, The Institution of Engineers, Malaysia and conducted in-house training for some Corporate Companies.
Cooling capacity calculation is the most fundamental requirement for any air conditioning system design. The application of psychrometric principles is often regarded as an area of mystery to many air conditioning engineers. However, it is the key for solving many air conditioning problems such as condensations, humidity problems, non-performance at part-load operations etc
The objective of this course is to enable participants to calculate the cooling capacity required for a particular air conditioning system. Furthermore, the participants will understand the practical applications of psychrometric in air conditioning, design for humidity controlled systems and problem solving using psychrometric chart.
HEAT LOAD CALCULATION
- An overview: heat loads and cooling capacities, temperature as a state of equilibrium
- Methods of cooling load estimation
- Heat load calculation using E20 method
- Some short-cut methods
- Some pitfalls: under-sizing, over sizing
- A study of the properties of the moist air
- Dry bulb and wet bulb temperatures
- Humidity: Relative humidity and moisture contents
- Dew point temperature
UNDERSTANDING PSYCHROMETRIC CHARTS
- Properties of moist air
- Temperatures, humidity, enthalpy, density
FUNDAMENTAL THERMODYNAMIC PROCESSES
- Cooling, heating, humidification, dehumidification
- Understand condensation
- Concept of bypass factor
- Effective sensible and latent loads
- Sensible heat factor
- Mixing of air
- Concept of apparatus dew point temperature
- Calculation of air flow quantities
- Calculation of on-coil and off-coil temperatures
- Types of dehumidification methods : chemical & refrigeration
- Advantages and disadvantages of both methods
- Moisture control at source
- Energy consumption analysis and conversation
IMPORTANT: **PLEASE BE INFORMED THAT THE COURSE WILL ONLY BE CARRIED OUT IF THERE IS SUFFICIENT NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS. THE CONFIRMATION OR CANCELLATION EMAIL WILL BE SENT TO THE REGISTERED EMAIL ADDRESS ONE OR TWO WEEKS BEFORE THE EVENT DATES.
Rate stated does not include 6% SST