GreenRE Technical Seminar: Advanced Course - Energy Modelling
- 15 Jan 2019 to 16 Jan 2019 (9:00 AM - 5:00 PM)
Wisma REHDA, Kelana Jaya
Managed by: IEM Training Centre Sdn Bhd
Organised by: GreenRE Sdn Bhd
- Closing date before: 12 Jan 2019
Offline Registration Form - Download
Please TAKE NOTE: All participants need to bring their own laptop (4GB RAM and 2 Core Processor). Do let us know if you do not have any laptop as we will provide it for you. GreenRE will provide the software download link one week before the course with 30 days’ free validity!
Energy modelling and airflow programs are the main tools for designing energy efficient and healthy buildings. These simulation programs are the tools used in new building and retrofit design, code compliance, green certification, qualification for tax credits and utility incentives, real-time building control, calculate most of the parameters needed to evaluate thermal comfort and indoor air quality. In addition, lower energy consumption in buildings can significantly reduce the emission of CO2 because buildings use around 50% of the total energy consumption in developed countries (Harris & Eliot, 1997,DOE 2004).
- To introduce the basics and concept of building energy modelling.
- To explain on the GreenRE Energy Modelling Methodology and Requirements.
- To learn the underlying concepts, modelling inputs and analysis methods of building components such as envelope, lighting, occupants, equipment, process loads, HVAC and service hot water systems.
- Hands-on for energy modelling Trial Version will be downloaded to each laptop.
- To model building performance using energy simulation software.
- To use measured building energy data to calibrate simulation model.
Originated from Hong Kong and have lived in Penang, Malaysia for the past ten years. Jimmy has more than 10 years of experience in the building simulation analysis. He was working for a UK consultant, Hoare Lea, for about 4 years. This allow him to gain experience in both M&E design and building performance analysis. After that Jimmy joined IES Ltd, which he had a chance to further develop his interest and enthusiasm in sustainable building design in the Asia region. His role involved in promoting simulation techniques and knowledge sharing to the construction industry. Jimmy is currently a freelance consultant providing building sustainability advice for client. He believes with the help of user friendly simulation tools for both architects and engineers will help integrate passive and active design for better overall building performance. Jimmy holds a BEng in Architectural Environmental Engineering from the University of Nottingham. He is currently working towards a Professional Engineer qualification.
Who should Attend
- Engineers, Architects, Planners, Surveyors
- Sustainable & Environmental Managers, Green Building Consultants
- Developers, Project Managers, Building Owners involved in green building projects