OSH Contract Management
05 Mar 2018 to 06 Mar 2018 (9:00 AM - 5:00 PM) Cancelled
Managed by: IEM Training Centre Sdn Bhd
Organised by: IEM Training Centre Sdn Bhd
- Closing date before: 02 Mar 2018
Offline Registration Form - Download
This course is design to describe the legal requirements and action for contract management. The comprehensive exercise in this session provides an experience to the participant in execution of contract management.
Project Managers, Project Engineers, Project Management Team, Safety Officers, Safety and Health Committee, Supervisors and Managers
At the end of the session, the participant will be able to:
- Describe the activities in the construction activities
- Determine the number of OSH personnel for the project management
- Identify the act/regulation related to project activities
- Estimate the cost for OSH management
- Prepare OSH project report
About The Course Leader
Zamri Sahari, aged 47 years, hails from Kuching Sarawak. He graduated with a Degree in Chemical and Process Engineering from the Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia. He also possessed a Diploma in Manufacturing Management (OUM) and Diploma in Science (UiTM).
In 1997, he started his career as a Plant Engineer/HSE Engineer with an international company, Hexza Neste Sdn Bhd. In 2005, he left Hexza to join Nestle Manufacturing (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd as a First Line Manager/Senior HSE Executive. In 2009, he later joined F.D.Z Engineering and Consultancy as a Project HSE Officer for F.D.Z Engineering and Consultancy where he was the lead trainer for NIOSH, Federation of Malaysian Manufacturing Institute (FMM Institute), Pusat Pembangunan Kemahiran Sarawak (PPKS), CIDB, PSMB (HRDF) and many other organizations. In 2012, he joined Sapura Kencana Petroleum as Lead HSE Counsellor until 2015. Currently, he is a full time HSE Consultant and Trainer.
His capability as a trainer in HSE was publicly accredited when he was invited to present his paper titled Safety and Health Officer or Superman at the 1st Borneo Occupational Safety and Health (BOSH) on 8-9 June 2009 at Sabah and also another paper titled Public Safety And Health at the Construction Site at the “Sarawak Construction Week 2010” on 21 July 2010, at CIDB Sarawak.
In order to improve his technical skills and know how, he acquired the following competency licenses:
1. Competent Safety and Health Officer (License No: 2488)
2. Competent Chemical Health Risk Assessor.
3. Competent Authorized Entrant/Standby Person for Confined Space.
4. Competent Construction Safety and Health Officer.
5. Competent Safety and Health Assessor for Construction Industries (SHASSIC).
6. Competent Traffic Management Officer (TMO-JKR).
7. Competent Wireman (W2877-IEU).
1. Legal obligation interpretation, OSHA Act 1994, OSH MS1722:2011 and Guideline 2015
2. Role and Responsibility towards management of contract in organizations
3. Overview of OSH Contract Process
4. Contract Process stage 1: Planning
- Scope of work specification and hazard identification
- Specific contract period timeline
- GROUP STUDY 1: Pre work hazard identification studies
5. Contract Process stage 2: Tender Documentation
- Document provided by client – OSH capabilities Assessment questionnaire and OSH bill of quantities
- Document provided by contractor – Contractor OSH plan
- GROUP STUDY 2:
a) Development of OSH capabilities assessment questionnaire
b) OSH bill of quantities
c) Contractor OSH Plan
6. Contract Process stage 3: Tender evaluation and award
- Evaluation consideration and requirement
- Parties responsibilities
- GROUP STUDY 3: Evaluation of Contract
7. Contract Process stage 4: Commencement
- Pre commencement meeting
- Commencement meeting
- Commencement audit
- GROUP STUDY 4: Role Play Meeting from Contractor and Client perspective
8. Contract Process stage 5: Execution
- Inspection and OSH audit/review assurance
- GROUP STUDY 5: OSH Report & OSH audit checklist
9. Contract Process stage 6: Completion
- Completion activities
- Final evaluation and close out report
Type||Online Rate (RM)
||Offline Rate (RM)
All member type
All non member