Project Management People Skills
22 Jan 2018 to 23 Jan 2018 (9:00 AM - 5:00 PM) Cancelled
Wisma IEM, Petaling Jaya, Selangor
Managed by: IEM Training Centre Sdn Bhd
Organised by: IEM Training Centre Sdn Bhd
- Closing date before: 19 Jan 2018
Offline Registration Form - Download
All project managers require both hard skills and soft skills to manage projects successfully. The hard skills deal with the technical aspects of projects and project management, whereas the soft skills deal with the people who deliver the project end-results. A competent project manager should therefore be well equipped with a good balance of hard skills and soft skills. It is more likely to realize the value of hard skills with a good grasp of soft skills. Acquiring soft skills means acquiring the art of understanding and engaging effectively with people. This 2-day interactive course is designed to provide a solid foundation in the art of project management, especially the key competencies of people skills in communication, leadership, emotional intelligence, motivation, influencing, problem solving, decision making, resolving conflict, negotiation, and political / cultural awareness through practical exercises, case studies and self-evaluation tests.
- Gain the essence of project management people skills.
- Enhance the skills to communicate more effectively with project stakeholders.
- Enhance the skills to provide sound leadership and conducive project environment.
- Learn the importance of emotional intelligence to engage with people more effectively.
- Improve skills to develop a motivating team and create better teamwork.
- Learn to influence stakeholders and their behavior and performance towards project success.
- Acquire a systematic approach to problem solving and decision making in project setting.
- Master conflict resolution skills to minimize the negative impact of conflicts on the project.
- Learn basic negotiation concept and skills in project setting.
- Understand the importance of political and cultural awareness in project setting.
- Network and share knowledge and experience with other participants.
Ir. Lee Boon Chong, BSc (Hons), MSc, DIC, P Eng., C Eng., APEC. Eng., Int.PE., ACPE, FIEM, F.AFEO, MMIM, PMP, CCPM started project management training in early 1990s as a certified trainer for Kepner-Tregoe Project Management Workshop. He has been conducting project management training courses since then. Ir. Lee has also served as a trainer and panel consultant for the Construction Industry Development Board of Malaysia as well as the advisor and chairman of the Project Management Technical Division of the Institution of Engineers, Malaysia (IEM). He is a certified Project Management Professional PMP® of PMI, USA.
Ir. Lee has more than 30 years of working experience in the industry as a professional engineer as well as a project management practitioner. He is experienced in leading and managing projects in engineering, telecommunications, construction, information technology and customer relationship management. His diverse industrial experience covers many technical and management functions such as engineering planning, development, operations and maintenance; business planning, operations and re-engineering; training and consultancy; business strategy and competition planning as well as marketing and customer relationship management.
Ir. Lee is a member of the Engineering Accreditation Council, Malaysia actively involved in the accreditation of local engineering programmes. He has also served as a member of the Industry Advisory Panel for local institutions of higher learning. Internationally, Ir. Lee serves in the areas of reviewing the accreditation system of engineering education programmes as well as the assessment system of professional engineering competence. In addition, he has conducted project management training courses overseas.
Who Could Benefit from The Course
- Project Manager, Project Supervisor, Project Executive, Project Leader, Project Team Member, Project Coordinator /Administrator, Project Sponsor /Director;
- Engineer, Architect, Quantity Surveyor, Consultant; Contractor, Developer;
- IT Professional, Scientists; Technical / Functional /Product Manager;
- Business /Financial /Human Resource /Marketing /Event Manager; Senior Manager, General Manager, CEO;
- Government, Semi-Government, and Non-government officers;
- Anyone responsible for or involved in project.
- Those interested in learning essential people skills.
Type||Online Rate (RM)
||Offline Rate (RM)
All member type
All non member
Rate stated does not include 6% GST